Thursday, January 17, 2008

Update in Pictures

No new stories yet from today, since I blogged all the most recent ones last night. Instead, here are the pictures I promised.
He's getting so good at holding up his head, isn't he?

I'm guessing this suspicious look was at his brother...

...because who knows what he had in mind here.

For the first time, I gave him goldfish in a bowl for his snack. Usually I would just dump handfuls on a clean spot on a table. He loved having the bowl, though. Appropriately he kept taking it over to the kitchen and storing it in the fridge. As you can tell, he was oh-so-careful not to accidentally dump out the fishies.

Obviously this picture was taken before his pants boycott. Because the pants are a little loose (like most of them--this kid's just too skinny), he had to run around holding his pants up. It made for some funny pictures.

It looks meaner than it was, I promise. Nathan was having a blast, giggling and cooing the whole time. And to be on the safe side, we didn't play like this for long--basically just long enough for me to get a good picture or two.

Compare this nearly-naked-baby picture to his newborn ones. It's safe to say he's filled out just a bit. I wish I had some good ones of those hambone thighs. He's no skinny Patrick, for sure.

Picture #1 of the pants boycott. His grin says exactly how he feels about going pantsless.

And my absolutely favorite picture from the boycott so far. He looks like he's modeling the boots. Like any good model, he can't let pants interfere with the focal piece

He has started stomping lately, too. He'll do it in bare feet, but he much prefers to stomp in the boots. I can hear him wander over the entire house looking for a better flooring to stomp on. So far the tile wins. I had a good laugh yesterday when I walked into the freshly-vacuumed study to see these funny footprints in the carpet; they were the remnants of some odd stomping rain dance Patrick had perfomed there in his boots.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say the boot modeling picture wins my vote!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how hard your #1 child makes me laugh! The pictures of Nathan are so adorable and make me want to hug his cute little self, but Patrick is in such a funny stage and quite a ham! I can envision that rain dance -- and the tracks!

Lauren said...

As always, great pictures! I, too, love the one of Patrick in the boots. And the one with Matt holding Nathan by the overalls is too funny :) Glad your boys are doing well!