Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas, Part 1

I managed to find a few minutes today during naptime; miraculously they are both sleeping at the same time, even if Nathan chose to take his nap on my chest. I have lots and lots of favorite pictures from Christmas, so I'll have to do this in installments. Today is our first Christmas at my parents' house. My sister Jennifer and brother-in-law Nick happened to be in town the same evening, so it turned into a big celebration, complete with mini-Christmas dinner and everything.

Disclaimer: Some of my favorite pictures are some of the worst of the subjects, although I find them funny. If they really bother you that much, let me know and I'll take yours down.

Daddy and Nathan waiting for dinner

Aunt Jennifer playing with Patrick...I repeatedly tried to get pictures of Patrick running just like this behind her and kept missing.

Patrick loves his Aunt Jennifer.

Patrick discovers the mystery of the stocking. After he got the paper off the present, he tried to put the gift back in the stocking.

Inside this beautifully-wrapped, awkwardly-shaped gift was the classic gift from the "fun" aunt and uncle--a drum set. There are probably about eight different noisemakers hidden beneath that cute paper. Thanks, guys!

Nathan was super snuggly with my dad; I think he liked it.

Patrick also got this ball popper. If you haven't seen one, it shoots balls into the air. While Patrick does like it, you can see who had more fun playing with it.
I have lots more pictures of everyone opening presents, but I thought I'd spare you all of them. We all raked in quite a haul--and this was just our first Christmas! My favorite present was my new flash for my new camera. You'll get to see how much better that made my pictures tomorrow (or the next day), when I post the group of pictures from Big Spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got some cute pictures! We did have a great time and we were glad that you all were here.