Thursday, October 18, 2007

Toddler Antics

I've been collecting cute and funny pictures of Patrick over the last week or so. He's been particularly entertaining, probably as his way of getting more of the attention back. It works when he does things like these.
We got this bucket from a fast food place awhile back, and Patrick immediately loved it. He puts things in it and dumps them back out, and eventually started carrying it by its handle. It took me some time to figure out why he kept putting it on his arm and heading for the door with it, saying, "Bye!" the whole way. I also couldn't figure out why he kept moving Nathan's carseat over to the door at the same time. Then it hit me: he was pretending to be me. The bucket was his purse, and he was taking his baby on an errand with him. How sweet is that? He'll hate this picture when he's older, though!

Patrick also found a way to pull down his diaper bag from its shelf the other day and found the bib while digging around in it. Of course he kept trying to put it on. It was funny watching him walk around holding it to his chest with his chin. He'll figure out that snap soon enough!

Ahhh, my shoe salesman. In his never-ending quest for "bye," he has started bringing us various pairs of shoes, and then when we don't immediately put them on, he puts them on for us. As you can tell, he's getting fairly close to getting it right. He's starting to figure out that just because we have shoes on doesn't mean we're going anywhere.

He's multi-tasking here. He was drinking his water while posing for the picture (after a good nap, as you can tell by the hair) when suddenly he had an itch in his eye. It makes for a cute picture anyway.

And of course I couldn't leave you without one picture of Nathan. I hope Patrick doesn't mind that I pushed Nathan into his post. Oh, well, he'll forgive me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patrick is so funny! It's great to capture his personality on film, and what can I say about the Nathan picture except "aaaawwww."

Life in the Herman House said...

Just so beautiful!! I want another one too!! :)