Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Hope You're Not Allergic

I'm not sure whether we're going to do anything out with the boys tonight, so I decided I'd better get pictures earlier in the day, while they were both happy and the light was good. Matt and I had a lot of fun deciding how to dress the boys this year. Instead of finding any cute costume, we could dress them as a set. It turns out that is easier said than done, though, at least in a cost-effective manner. But I like what we ended up choosing.

Nathan:
Really the elephant is a good choice. He does seem like an elephant compared to Patrick on his first Halloween.

And Patrick:
Did I get you snickering? I hope so! What else could possibly go with an elephant but a peanut? Also the logical choice for Patrick; he is such a nut after all!


Patrick actually seems to really like his costume and didn't even fight the head thing for a long time. Nathan doesn't seem to even notice what he's wearing, even if it gives him satellite dish ears. I probably could have left them both in their costumes all day long if it hadn't been such a warm day.

And here's the set of them. Time to start thinking about next year!

I have one more picture to leave you with. On Patrick's first Halloween, he wasn't even a full month old and still in the hospital. Somehow he ended up with a pumpkin hat (the volunteers? the hospital itself? one of the nurses?), and his nurse for the day took a Polaroid of him in it. It was huge, barely staying on his head for the picture. I thought it was only appropriate to see how well it fits Nathan. As you can see, his head is a little bigger than Patrick's was when he wore it (sorry I can't show you Patrick's picture; the quality is so bad that it's not worth scanning).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Halloween pictures!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Too cute!