Monday, October 1, 2007

My First Broken Bone

My doctor confirmed today that I've most likely suffered my first ever broken bone. It seems as though Nathan broke my tailbone during his birth. It's frustrating because there's nothing that can be done to help it heal; I'm just on lots of pain meds to help me cope until it does. Unfortunately, some of the more effective medicine has also been making me sick, so I've been trying to suffer without it. Needless to say, the pain has made taking care of both Patrick and Nathan difficult. Matt has been a huge help, but his boss doesn't seem to like the idea of him avoiding work until I'm all healed up.

So I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with updates here often enough, and I'm not taking nearly enough pictures to satisfy even myself, much less posting the ones I have. I hope you'll all be understanding as I work toward getting used to taking care of two children on my own during the day and coping with the pain at the same time. Eventually I'll feel better, and life will settle into a decent routine again--and then I'll be able to blog on a more regular basis again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, so sorry about your broken bone. I broke my pelvis, tailbone and 5 ribs at the same time but I didn't have 2 sweet little boys to take care of. Hope you feel better soon. Love all of you.

Lauren said...

Ouch! Sorry you're hurting. I hope that it heals quickly.