Thursday, November 22, 2007

Two Months

Dear Nathan,

Today you turn two months old, conveniently on Thanksgiving, for we have much to be thankful for this year, most of all you.
I am thankful for your easygoing personality, evident most in your huge smiles. Your little dimples can light up a room. When I catch your eyes during a big grin, I feel like you're sharing a private joke with me. Even your eyes light up. I love working to coax a smile out of you, and you seem to love it just as much.
I am thankful that you are a champion sleeper. Right now you're sleeping through a very rowdy traditional Thanksgiving Cowboys game. You have also started sleeping longer at night, something I cannot begin to describe how grateful I am. Unfortunately, your nights usually start about as early as Patrick's nights, and you still get hungry after about six or seven hours, but it's a huge step in the right direction.
Nathan, Abby, and Anna
I am thankful that in the past few days you have gotten to meet the rest of your extended family. All of your aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents are around this week. You have two brand-new cousins, and this is the first time any two of you have met. You seem pretty enthralled with your two girl cousins and even more so with your aunts and uncles. They all have shoulders worthy of sleeping on and faces worth smiling at. And don't get me started about your grandparents, whom you seem to love as much as they love you. You've managed to charm all your relatives quite easily.
I am thankful most of all that you are such a happy and healthy baby boy and that I get to be your lucky mommy. I never dreamed when I learned Patrick was going to have a baby brother or sister that there could be another kid out there half as sweet or cute as him. Yet you are everything I never dared dream for and more.
I love you always and forever.
Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are thankful for all 4 of you. You are a sweet family and we are thankful that Nathan became a part of our growing family 2 months ago!