Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Rest

Okay, I know it's a TON of pictures, but this should catch us up, other than the photos still on the camera. Sigh, it never ends.

Right at at the start of this nurturing phase, I got pictures of Patrick hugging Elmo. Now he hugs anything he likes a lot, including pictures in books, but it's sweet to see how it all started.

The runner-up for the picture I used to announce Amber's entrance into our family
Nathan has been sitting on his own for a long time now, but I've been too chicken to leave him long enough to get pictures of it. Until recently, he was still just unstable enough that I was afraid he would topple backwards eventually, and he always got scared when that happened so I wouldn't leave him alone. Now that's not really a problem anymore, so expect lots of sitting pictures. This is the first one.
See how good he's getting? I'm comfortable leaving him sitting there next to the dog even. Amber loves him so much and seems to understand that when he "pets" her that he can't control his hands that well yet. He obviously gets a little rough sometimes, but she loves the attention so much. And he loves her so much too; he can't keep his hands off her if she's nearby. He even puts up with the constant baths from her.

She gets so sad anytime her daddy leaves her. She doesn't sulk all day, but if the boys aren't around to distract her (like during naptime), this is what she looks like.
I know the rattle is pink. It's an Easter rattle. He doesn't care, so why should we?
Should I be jealous? I think she makes out with him more than I do these days! (And the parentals reading this...just don't think about it, ok?)
Nathan is also working on standing up. He clearly doesn't have the balance to stand by himself yet, but one of his favorite things to do is practice when he has help.
But he has yet to learn not to bite the hand that holds him.
Just laugh at this one. I couldn't have caught this moment if I tried, so it's lucky I got it without trying.
Okay, this next one has a long explanation. You know how it looks like Nathan doesn't have much hair? Well, it's finally filling in, but it's so fine and so blonde that you can't really tell. But he still has a few hairs that have been continuously growing since before his birth, and those hairs are getting long. Matt was playing with these longer hairs when we were playing outside and pulled it straight up to show how long it is. This is how long the longest hair is:
Isn't she beautiful? Look at that sweet face!
Such a happy kid
And a happy daddy.
By the way, I had tons of Patrick pictures from this lazy time outside the other day, but I used most of them in his monthly letter on Monday. You can go check those out if you feel bad that Patrick got left out.

No comments: