Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to the Love of My Life

Twenty-seven years ago today, a wonderful woman gave me the greatest gift she could--she gave birth to a wonderful baby boy who grew up into an even more wonderful man. I didn't know it at the time (how could I, since I was only almost two?), but this day would forever change my life.

For on this day twenty-seven years ago, Matt was born.

I wish I could find more to do for him today in recognition of his birthday to make up for all the many, many things he has done for me over the past three years. Something tells me a cake and a blog post don't quite cut it.

Either way, honey, please accept this as my attempt to make your birthday special. You mean so much to me. I love you with all my heart and hope this twenty-eighth year can be your best yet, and I'm glad I get to be a part of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MATT!

Melanie Bee

Anonymous said...

He's heard it before, He will always be my baby. Happy Birthday Baby Boy.