Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cl-Cl Is My New Best Friend

I have found a way to get Patrick to sit still! After forcing it down his throat for months, he has finally developed a normal toddler's obsession for children's TV. His favorite is Blue's Clues, which he asks for by name. It sounds like Cl-Cl when he says it, but I know what he means. And he asks for it all day long. I have watched the same two episodes of it (that we have recorded on our DVR) probably five times each. Oddly enough, I don't care. It keeps him happy and calm, and it is teaching him good things. We also like The Backyardigans (still), but he only asks for that after feeding the Blue's Clues obsession.

I'm excited enough about this development that I'm already dreaming about a Blue's Clues theme for his third birthday party, even if it's only a family party. I guess I'll give it a few more months before buying a Blue cake pan and plates and napkins, just in case he finds a new obsession between now and then. But I think I could actually decorate a Blue cake, so I hope this one sticks around until October.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His Daddy loved to watch Charlie Brown over and over.