Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Sweetest Manipulation

Patrick has become adamant about sharing lately. When he wants to share a Cheerio or goldfish with us, he doesn't want to take no as an answer. He will keep trying to shove it into our mouths, even prying our lips apart, until we finally eat it.

Recently he's found a new way to manipulate us to open our mouths so that he doesn't have to fight us so much. When the recent fascination with his tongue began, he noticed that we would stick out our tongues in imitation of him. I thought it was a good way to teach him another body part. Patrick, however, took that a step further.

Now when I won't eat that Cheerio, he gives up on shoving it in my mouth pretty fast. Instead, he will open his mouth wide, sticking his tongue out as far as it will go. He knows I won't be able to resist imitating him--"Open wide!"--and slip the Cheerio in when I'm not expecting it. It never fails to make me laugh. I love that he's so eager to share that he will go to great lengths to make sure his sharing is appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to read new stories about Patrick. He does such cute things. Hope all is well with Nathan. Time is getting near. Love to all 4.