Monday, September 10, 2007

38 Weeks

I used to wonder what I would look like when I was huge pregnant. Mystery solved:

If you look closely, you may be able to see some of the stretch marks on my belly. It's kind of sad really; I didn't have even one after Patrick.
I am officially 38 weeks today. Anybody else guess I'd make it this far? I certainly didn't! There's very little else to update about. I'm huge and uncomfortable, and as far as I can tell, nowhere near actually getting this kid out. Nathan, on the other hand, seems to be thriving. If you notice my ticker, it is likely he is over seven pounds already. That's well over twice Patrick's birth weight, if anyone is keeping track.
I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow (it's early, I know), so maybe I'll hear some good news then. I'll either keep everyone updated through the blog or get the phone chains started if that isn't possible.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like to me that Nathan is taking care of what Patrick didn't. Bless your heart I can tell you are miserable. Hope he decides that you have had enough and comes anytime now. Love to all

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, I'd say you look full term all right. I hope you don't have to carry the extra weight too much longer -- at least not like that! We're thinking about you. It can't be too much longer now.

Unknown said...

Wow! That's a big belly :)

Not too much longer...you're in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

oops...previous comment was supposed to be from Lauren...I signed in under the wrong name!

Anonymous said...

Wow....it is great on one hand that you have made it this long and not so great of how miserable you must feel, but it will defintly be worth it when you get to take Nathan straight home after you have him.You are looking great and I can't wait to hear when he arrives safe and sound. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday...miss ya.

Melanie