Monday, September 17, 2007

39 Weeks

I'm officially 39 weeks today, and even my ticker is telling Nathan to come out already. It's hard to believe I'm still pregnant, isn't it? I'm trying to keep my sense of humor about all of this, but the hormones and discomfort are making that hard. I am definitely frustrated and tired of feeling uncomfortable.

On the bright side, with each day that goes by that I'm still pregnant, Patrick gets sweeter and cuddlier. This weekend, he shared the love equally with his daddy as me. I wonder if he suspects his life is about to change drastically, and he's clinging to us even more as he realizes this change grows more imminent. Either way, I hope it's not just a phase; I love getting to cuddle with my sweet firstborn son. I know his daddy is the same way, too. Maybe Patrick is reminding us of all the good things about having a baby again, to help us wait until Nathan finally shows up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Patrick is making these last few days of being an only child a satisfying time for you. Hang in there, sweetie. It's boumd to be only a short time now!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully it will be anytime now for you. I check your blog everyday to see if you have had the sweet angel, but I guess he loves spending quality time with his mama too, just on the inside. I'm keeping you in my thoughts...hope he joins ya'll soon.
Love,
Melanie