Saturday, September 15, 2007

The First That Brought Tears to My Eyes

Matt went outside to mow the lawn this morning. As usual, Patrick rotated between watching him through the front and back windows. He loves getting to see Daddy through the windows. I thought it was cute enough when Patrick clearly said, "Hi, Da-ee," the first time he saw him. I thought it was cuter when later he followed the "Hi, Da-ee" with "See ya la-er."

But neither even compared to the last time he saw him in the backyard and followed the "hi" and "see you later" with "I luh oo." This is the first time he's said it ever, and he said it unprompted and clearly from the heart. I love this kid so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is definitely one of a kind, he couldn't be a sweeter little boy. I love to hear about all that he does, I love you--hope to one day hear those words to me. Hope every thing is going well, hope to hear from you soon.

Anonymous said...

That is so incredibly sweet. It brings tears to my eyes, so I can imagine how that made you feel -- and especially his daddy. I've seen him show you both love in so many ways, but I'm sure it's really wonderful to hear!