Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I See the Light

...even if Nathan obviously doesn't yet.

I had what will most likely be my last check-up yesterday. We found out that both Nathan and I are still healthy as horses, but Nathan is showing no signs of being ready to come out. Since Monday is my due date and a late one at that (all ultrasounds have set it considerably earlier), the doctor was willing to discuss induction with me.

The problem is that my own doctor is out of town and has been for my last two appointments. She won't be back until late next week, when it's definitely too late to start setting up an induction. Fortunately the other doctor in the office, who is on call for my doctor, is quite willing to deliver Nathan. She agreed that induction was a good idea, and within minutes I was set up to go into the hospital this Sunday night.

Because of the way the induction typically works, I probably won't have Nathan until Monday, but almost certainly that will be his birthday. It will be if he doesn't decide to come sometime before then, that is. That's still a possibility and one that would make the labor a little easier on me probably. But if Nathan is too content in there, at least we have a latest possible date for him to be born. Who would have guessed with all the worries about another premature birth that we'd end up needing to be induced?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is quite funny...can't wait to meet him. I am sure you are quite ready for him. I am so excited for you guys. I will be watching for the post of his birth. Call me if you need anything.

Luv,
Melanie

Harmony said...

Good luck. Hope it goes smoothly.

Lauren said...

Yea! Best wishes...I'll be thinking about you and praying for you and Nathan. :)

Mandy said...

That is so funny. I can't wait to hear everything. Can't wait to see pictures. Make sure to email them as soon as you can :)