Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Learning by Example

At least, I hope he's learned this one by example. It's been quite some time since Patrick's said something new that we were able to decipher, but he said the clearest one yet tonight. After I thanked him for something, which happens often, he answered, "Yawacah." I looked over at Matt and asked, "Did he just say, 'You're welcome'?"

"That's what I heard," he answered.

So we spent the rest of his waking hours this evening finding excuses to thank him. More often than not, we got the same exact response. It's quite obvious that he's figured out the proper answer to a "Thank you."

I couldn't be more proud that my little man is already learning manners. Now if only he would learn to eat like the gentleman he sounds like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One step at a time Mom, at least being polite is something not every toddler knows and fewer eat any neater.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little man! You have every right to be proud of him. It's amazing what kids learn from listening. Exciting... and scary. :)