Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Itchy Belly

My huge belly has gotten super itchy lately. There's also a red rash covering it, especially when the itching is at its worst (and after I scratch--I know, I'm bad). Matt and I are pretty sure it's PUPPS, a common and harmless problem for pregnant women. What I want to know is this: Have any of you recent or current preggies dealt with this? If so, how did you treat it? I'll be getting advice from my doctor on Thursday, but I'm hoping to find something to at least help between now and then to keep me from going crazy with the itching. So far, I've tried hydrocortisone cream (doctor's advice), and different lotions rich in vitamin E. The lotions help a little, but if you know something better, please tell me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I'm Rachel Huseman, Matt's friend from high school. I read your blog all the time!

Here's what I found, courtesy of http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/prenatalhealth/9450.html:

I have found a few products that really help, though, and I want to share them with everyone: Band-Aid Itch Relief Gel Spritz - works really well for like an hour or two but it is easy to carry in your purse and easy to put on. Gold Bond medicated lotion and Sarna Cream have both helped tremendously. If I put one of the two on right after a shower I can stay relatively itch free for several hours!

Anonymous said...

oatmeal baths...Aveeno makes a good one and I recommend it for patients with poison ivy all the time

Sarah