Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So Far Behind

Ugh, I'm getting so bad about posting. The problem is that I don't have time to post one day, and by the time I can get a few minutes, I've racked up so many things I need to say (and pictures to show off) that the task seems overwhelming and I don't know where to start. So right now is a short catch-up bulleted post. Later today or tomorrow I hope to make an effort to catch up on pictures.
  • Nathan is basically sitting up on his own. I'm terrified to leave him alone because he still topples over at any moment, but he can sit without any support for an indefinite period of time. Matt and I joke that this is so much easier for him than it was for his brother because he has a bigger base to balanced on.
  • Patrick's language is really taking off. Less than a month ago, he was only saying his set phrases and very little to tell us what he wants. Now he is speaking in full sentences sometimes. A few from the last four or five days include: "We're all done," "I'm gonna go crash," and "I wanna go outside." Yes, they are full sentences, with appropriate pronouns, and actually convey a useful message. I'd say that's progress in leaps and bounds!
  • Nathan is about to cut two teeth, literally any moment now. I'm checking his gums pretty much every hour, just waiting on them to break through. If you're curious, they're the bottom two middle ones. He's not too upset by it, but he does sleep better when he's had teething tablets or Tylenol.
  • Nathan is still doing well with solids. He's on his third baby food flavor, his favorite so far--pears. There's not much else to say about this because he's eating like a pro. He was definitely ready for solids when we started them.
  • Nathan's aim with his hands and arms is getting better. He reaches for things (and people) he finds interesting and can usually hit them on the first try. Patrick's not so sure he likes this development as he has had his hair pulled, his shirt held, and his arm and face grabbed at various times.
  • I wish I had something to write here about Patrick and potty training, but the only thing he's figured out so far is that when he sits on his potty and tries to go in it, he gets an M&M (or a "lalala" as he calls it). At least he can now tell me when he's "yucky" or "poopy"--his words for a poopy diaper. Now we're working on catching him before filling that diaper so that he can go on the potty instead.
  • Both boys got to visit with their Gigi and Papa this weekend and had a blast. Patrick called them both by name within minutes of their arrival and is still talking about them. Pictures to follow (eventually...).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like both boys are going through some major developments! I know that is fun for you to watch.