Monday, March 31, 2008

A New Addition

Matt and I have a big announcement to make. Or rather, we'll let the boys make it:
I'm the big brother.

I'm the big brother.









And I'm the little sister.


Her name is Amber, and she joined our family as of yesterday. Technically she's not the "little" sister, as she weighs more than either brother and is a little older than even Patrick. She's a rescued beagle, adopted from the local beagle rescue society.


So far, she's been nothing but perfect. She already protects the boys and is perfectly gentle with them. She hasn't had even one accident in the house yet and adores all of us. The boys love her as much as she loves them, too, and Patrick already knows her name. He calls out, "Hi, Puppy!" to her every time he sees her.


For those of you who don't know, I grew up with a beagle. For me, it feels so right to have a sweet beagle sleeping next to me on the couch. Even Matt, a loyal Doberman lover, agrees that Amber is the perfect dog for us. Expect lots of Amber stories in the future, especially if she keeps letting me get pictures like this of her.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

You had me going for a minute. I was scrolling slowly and both boys big brothers? Amber looks like a cute puppy. Sounds
like she will be easy to train. Good to hear from you. Love to all

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Now there's just one more reason to find time to do some traveling. The picture of Amber is great and very reminiscent of beagles from earlier years. Happy memories...

Anonymous said...

I am supprized you did not anounce th new addition as an " Amber Alert". Love you all!

Anonymous said...

She is so precious and you also had me going as well. The boys are growing more handsome everyday. Hope all is well.

Melanie

Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm Denise, Amber's foster Mom. Kathy and Matt were so kind to give me this address so I can keep up with what is going on with Amber and her "forever" family. You have no way of knowing how happy this makes me. We had Amber for about a year....she was very sick with a virus that she had contracted from the shelter she was in, which was taken care of in short order, but then the right people had to come along. After meeting this young family, it just felt right. Amber looks so happy in this picture. Thank you Matt, Kathy, Patrick and Nathan (hope I got all that right) so much because she was so special to us.