Friday, May 2, 2008

Just Like Mommy

I wish. This latest cute thing Patrick does...we have no idea where he came up with it.

I noticed this morning that he wasn't using his bat like a normal bat. He was walking around with it making a "Ssss" noise. I couldn't figure out what he was doing until he leaned down and made a wiping motion on the floor.

He was "cleaning" with the bat as his cleaning solution. He even started telling me about how he was going to "clee uh" (clean up).

Now I understand where he got the phrase "clean up," since we've said that to him pretty often, especially after meals. But I don't know the last time he's seen me clean with some sort of cleaning solution. On the rare occasions that happens, he's taking a nap. My best guess would be that he has a great memory and can recall the times he helped me clean our glass-topped coffee table. That hasn't happened when he helped probably since Nathan was born, but I guess it's possible he remembers cleaning with me like that. It certainly seemed to make an impression at the time.

Either way, all this pretend play sure makes me out to be a good mommy--taking care of diapers, baths, and feeding, as well as plenty of cleaning. I hope that's really how he sees me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's such a good imitator! I'm sure he has seen you two clean up more than you remember. What a fun way to play! Soon you can put a real bottle of spray cleaner in his hands and let him have even more fun. :)