Friday, May 9, 2008

The Dreaded 29

Yesterday I celebrated the last birthday I will celebrate for a long time...29. From here on out, I guess I just get to celebrate 29 again and again, right? Is that how it works? I finally caught up to my mom's age!

We didn't do too much to celebrate, but I did have several presents and cards to open and Matt is taking me on a shopping spree for new clothes. I've already gotten some stuff, but he doesn't think that's nearly enough yet. Have I mentioned how much I love my husband?

Matt also followed through with a new tradition we started two years ago on my birthday--taking pictures of me with Patrick. This year, though, the photo shoot was much more complicated with two boys to figure in, especially when one of them has trouble sitting still. I'm quite impressed with some of the shots he managed to capture. (By the way, if you want to see last year's go here, and the year before's pictures are here.)












3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this tradition, I looked back at the last two years,it's hard to believe the change in Patrick. You of course look about the same in the face. The picture last year you had quite a "tummy"!!
Hope you had a great day!!!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are wonderful and look so genuinely happy. That is the best gift of all!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great one. I think it is a great tradition that ya'll have started with taking pictures of the boys with you on your birthday, but you missed the new addition...the puppy. Just funning with you. You look great...and so do your boys.

Melanie B.