Friday, February 15, 2008

A Nathan Post

I'm hesitant to write this for fear of jinxing it, but Nathan has slept through the night for the last three nights. I'm reluctant to call it a new routine yet, but I'm savoring those long stretches of sleep I've gotten and starting to nurse the hope that perhaps it is a sign of things to come.

The change in sleeping patterns has also helped me delay another inevitable--solid foods. I've been desperately pushing him to wait until six months to start solid foods; I remember what a nuisance it quickly became with Patrick, as cool as it was at first. When Nathan continually refused to set a reasonable sleeping pattern, we started considering starting solids so that he might be tricked into sleeping better. My plan was to start next week because that's about when I suspected I wouldn't be able to take the sleep deprivation any longer.

Now I guess I can put it off just a bit longer. Maybe we'll make it to the recommended six months after all. Not that I don't think he's ready; he's probably been ready for a full month already--I just haven't been ready.

He also doesn't seem to need the food from a growth perspective. Nathan is already wearing 6-9 months clothes at least part of the time. He doesn't quite fit the weight suggestion on the clothes, but the 3-6 months clothes are quickly getting too short. He's completely outgrown all but one or two of those sleepers. It's funny to realize that some of the clothes he's worn in the last week, Patrick got for his first birthday. Yeah, wrap your mind around that one. And the next size up in sleepers from what he's wearing right now is what Patrick is wearing right now.

I wonder if that will make buying wardrobes easier, when they both wear the same size.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on having a few nights of sleep! I hope it continues from now on. He probably needs all that sleep since he is growing so fast.