Monday, June 25, 2007

The Time Has Come

This past weekend I got to see my new baby Nathan. For the first time, he looked like a real little baby in there, not just an anonymous fetus. I am faced with the reality of being a mother to two completely different children.

With that realization has come the one that I cannot expect everything that worked to raise Patrick up to this point to work for Nathan. Nathan is an individual and deserves to have me recognize that. For that reason, I don't want to force Nathan to live as an afterthought on the blog I created for Patrick.

That being said, this is not Nathan's blog the way the other one was all about Patrick. This new blog will hopefully be a place for me to equally honor both my baby boys. I am hoping the new look and location will also help re-motivate me to blog the way I did in the early days of the old blog.

I am going to shoot for a format change as well. Perhaps it's my nesting instinct kicking in, but the seeming randomness of the old blog was starting to bother me. You can expect me to have three basic types of posts from here on out: picture posts, story posts, and update posts. Hopefully the types should be clear enough from their names. I am tired of randomly including unrelated pictures with stories of their own in the middle of an update post. Maybe this little extra forethought about what I want the blog to be will help keep me on track.

Please check back often over the next few days. I've been collecting pictures and stories to post--in separate posts, of course--over the last week or so and expect to post as much as several times a day for a while to get caught up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new look. Have fun with a fresh start!

Anonymous said...

The new page is cute...I especially like the title. Have fun!
Melanie

Anonymous said...

I WAS REALLY SHOCKED TO SEE A NEW BLOG!!I REALLY LIKE IT !!

Anonymous said...

So I guess it's clear why we couldn't name Nathan "Alastair Kingsley"...it wouldn't go with your cute "at" name pattern. Then you'd need a whole other blog, like matkatpatalastairkingsley...it just wouldn't work. I do like your new spot and I'm glad you made it when you did... I was sort of having withdrawals after not hearing from you in over a week!
Jen