Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Nurturer

As the mom, that's supposed to be my role--the nurturer. The last few days when I've been under the weather, though, Matt has taken over that role. He's been taking care of both me and Patrick any time he's home. It seems that Patrick has started to pick up the vibes that Mommy needs to be taken care of, though.

Tonight while Matt was cooking me my favorite dinner--as a surprise--Patrick toddled over to where I was lying on the couch and wanted up. This happens fairly often, but not as much while I'm on the couch (he wants to play with the Mommy toys, like my cell phone, next to me in the chair). He was happy tonight just sitting with Mommy for a minute. I was concerned when he found my tissue I'd been trying to hide from him, though. Usually he either walks around with it until he drops it on the floor for us to find or shreds it into tiny pieces. I wasn't looking forward to cleaning up after either. But tonight Patrick did something new with the tissue. He leaned over and wiped my nose with it. Repeatedly.

Considering Patrick has never even had a cold, it amazes me that he understands what the tissue is used for. He may have had me wipe his nose two or three times total in his life. He has now officially wiped my nose more times than I've wiped his. I love the little nurturer I'm raising; he takes after his daddy so well.

No comments: