Sunday, November 16, 2008

Growing and Changing

I've been so bad about updating lately. I have lots of pictures to post, but those will have to wait for when I have more time (whenever that will be).

Patrick is thriving at school. He literally runs to the school bus when it gets here and comes home content and tired. He asks--begs--every single day to go to school. In the week or so since he started, his language has started to take off. Almost every single day I notice a new word or some new grammatical change (like calling things "mine"--"my bed"). He will sometimes sing songs now and shows off with how much of the alphabet he knows. We didn't even know he could recite the alphabet, and he basically knows the whole thing!

We are still going to MDO on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and he seems to be benefitting from the extra socialization. I love that he's staying in that familiar environment as he's adding the new preschool.

Nathan is still growing like crazy too. He has started bravely standing unassisted for a few seconds at a time. I think he could do longer, but he gets scared and grabs something just to be sure he doesn't fall.

He, too, is becoming more social. He says many words and phrases that he hears often and sometimes uses them to communicate his wants to us (like "Dada, see you in a little while" to tell me he wants to see his daddy). He has found all sorts of fun games he likes to play at dinner or in his bed and loves it when we play along.

The two boys are growing more fond of each other each week. They will play together, even if it takes a lot of moderation to keep fussing over toys to a minimum. My favorite sight, though, is watching Patrick give Nathan a hug before bed, something he now insists on. That gentle kiss on the top of Nathan's head proves to me that Patrick is sweet and compassionate underneath all that energy we see all day long.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I can hardly wait to see and hear all the things you have talked about in the blog.

Anonymous said...

It makes my day when I find a blog about the boys.
Glad Patrick is doing so well in school and Nathan is learning fast too. Bet he gets brave enough to take some steps before long. See you all in 10 days. WOW! Love

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the new school situation is working out wonderfully. What a blessing that the transition has been so smooth. It sounds like both boys are growing up so fast all of a sudden! Can't wait to see them. :)