Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween '08

This year we didn't do much for Halloween. We're still fighting snotty noses, coughs, and incoming molars, so we've been pretty low-key lately. The big excitement was Patrick's Circus Day at school on Thursday. It's their replacement for Halloween, where the kids could wear non-scary costumes to school. Nathan and I went for the festivities, both boys complete with circus-themed costumes. Unfortunately I have no pictures of the peanut (Nathan, wearing Patrick's costume from last year) or the tiger at school. I'm hoping I'll get some pictures from the other parents who were there or the teachers. It was just too difficult to wrangle Nathan, Patrick, and that huge camera.

For Halloween yesterday, the boys did wear their costumes for a little while so I could get pictures. We went a different route with the theme this year. Patrick is wearing a tiger costume, similar to the one I and my three siblings each wore when we were about Patrick's age. Nathan is wearing a pumpkin costume, reminiscent of one of Matt's favorite costumes from his childhood.

I think he enjoyed chewing on the tie for the hat more than being a pumpkin, but it kept him happy anyway.

Oops, maybe not. We'll call this his mean jack-o-lantern face.

But generally he really was happy in the costume. He's the cutest pumpkin I've ever seen.

Patrick absolutely loves his tiger costume. He asks to wear it all the time. I particularly like his fashion sense, pairing it with his camouflage boots.

I had to get a back view. The tail is adorable.
It seems that Amber likes playing with cats as well as children. Really, she was good with the boys in costumes. She wanted to sniff them endlessly, of course, and was kind of excited, but I expected both reactions. At least she wasn't scared of the boys looking different.
It was difficult to get a picture of that cute face underneath the tiger face, so I'm glad I have this one.
And the one picture of the boys together in their costumes, both looking at the camera. It's harder than it looks. Maybe next year they'll pose together voluntarily.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great costumes and the boys look great! I think the camoflage boots are perfect accessorizing. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of the boys. They are both adorable. I agree Patrick accessorized very well.

Anonymous said...

I wish that tiger and little pumpkin could have come to our door. They are so cute! I bet that there are not many tigers that have camo boots.