Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pizza, Pizza

Patrick's progress in his speech has been so gradual over the last few months that I sometimes forget how drastic it really is. Here are a few things he never used to do that would have been typical for his age:

--answer questions with "yes" or "no"
--answer questions at all without repeating the last thing you just said
--sing songs
--say full sentences
--connect several thoughts together
--use pronouns often
--say his numbers fluently
--say his alphabet
--name colors

I am now proud to say that he does every single one of these things. He surprises me with new things just about every day.

For example, last night Matt and I decided to order pizza for dinner. We're both fighting a nasty cold and didn't feel like cooking, so pizza was the natural solution. In the past, pizza has been hit or miss with Patrick, so we were stunned to watch him devour nearly three whole pieces of pizza. Yes, really. I was so shocked that I couldn't help but ask him, "Where are you putting it all?"

Matt and I couldn't keep from laughing as he replied, with a mouth full of pizza, "In my mouf!" That's my literal kid!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you. I laughed about where Patrick told you he was putting the pizza. He is really learning a lot. Hope you are well and the boys don't take your colds. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Great story, wonder what he was thinking when he told you he was putting the pizza in his mouth? Silly Mother, of course I'm putting the pizza in my mouth were else would I put I?!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! It sounds like he is making wonderful progress. What a funny little guy.

Mandy said...

Just wanted to say "hi". Has been awhile since I have checked in on you guys but wanted to let you know that I am so happy to see that things are going good for you and your boys. Hope you are having a wonderful New Year!

Lynanne said...

I love this age when a child's language blossoms overnight. Suddenly they become little big kids. It almost makes up for when they get to be preteens and the things they say then. :)